Tuesday, June 4, 2024

STARS: Improving My Skin Health and Texture

I am a heterosexual man that gets body waxes. Big shout out to my esthetican Carla Hearn for not only opening my eyes to this importance but also to regular skin care. 

Two years ago when I begin seeing Carla she noticed a lot of discomfort, red skin and ingrown hairs. This came from over 20 years of shaving and clipping my body hairs which I didn't know can damage skin look and quality.  I then followed her recommendations and advice. 

I invested in tools to help with exfoliation. I bought and use Dove exfoliating body wash (in the light blue top), exfoliating gloves and sponges. These are all inexpensive and the rewards are endless. I apply body wash to the sponges and gloves and scrub my areas before I shower 3-4 times per week. This removes any excess skin, prevents ingrown hairs from growing and fosters heavy skin and regrowth. 

I've been doing this for nearly a year and now I see how much better looking and feeling my skin is. Additionally my sessions with Carla are much smoother and pain free. Waxing can be a painful process but thanks to the tips Carla offered, it has been very healthy and smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment