Tuesday, June 11, 2024

STARS: How I've Used The Summer Weather To Get In Better Shape

Summertime isn't just for vacation and relaxing, it's also for conditioning your body for the Fall and simply getting into shape. 

I take advantage of the smaller crowds at the gyms due to summer vacation by getting in more cardio as I'm more apt to sweat. I also get in more outdoor activities especially in the mornings and evenings. The evenings are longer which allows more flexibility. 

I used to capitalize on the longer evenings by running as late as 7pm. Nowadays I take walks around that timeframe. 

I also do more yard, garden type work and even swimming. All of these activities work different muscles in a way more recreational than normal gym activities. 

I've lost up to 50 pounds in the summer months and have lowered blood pressure by 40 points, cholesterol and sugar by the same amount. I've also increased stamina by 60%.

No comments:

Post a Comment