Thursday, July 4, 2024

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Volume 35- TIME

I could talk about how much my mom loved the 4th but I kind of covered that in the hash installment. This is about how she was so punctual to everything even with two boys and how that carries me to this day. 

My mom would often leave up to an hour early to account for any type of instances or delays. You would have thought we were going to the airport to catch a flight. I started working 29 years ago at Hardee's in Blacksburg.  I didn't have a car yet and Mom would get me there 30 minutes before my shift started. She did that for every job she drove me to. 

Punctuality is a learned behavior and a valuable skill. I'm glad Debbie stressed the importance of it and kept me from being late rarely if ever. 

Happy 4th, Independence Day, Treason Day, Divorce from Britain, 15 days after Juneteenth, etcq

No comments:

Post a Comment