Monday, January 23, 2023

Crutches, Boots and Scooters Part 8 (Balance!)

I don't think I could have picked a more perfect 2023 word than balance. It not only applies to me walking with a healing ankle on 9 toes. It is also applicable to not doing too much on said ankle, resting and eating right.

I was able to have more fun this week and even clean up some more. I have made a list of things I want to feel comfortable doing before I return to work and I have crossed off half the list. 

I enjoy my Fridays for sure but my best day hands down was this past Saturday. I got to do more of the things I normally enjoy and the weather was great. I love seeing more people, talking and interacting. I have noticed that my lighter brace tightens up my ankle after a while. I can literally feel it healing also but I try to take off, readjust the brace and even rest and elevate immediately. 

There is also a debate which is more annoying, crutches or the boot. For me it's the crutches although I'm glad I didn't have to wear the boot 24/7 at any point. 

This week upcoming is week 9 which is my last free week for a while as the next week I have my next doctor's appointment, my incarcerated uncle is a free man after 20 years and I return to work that Friday! I will continue to allow myself to have fun, heal and do as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment