Sunday, January 8, 2023

Crutches, Boots and Scooters Part 6



This was another appointment free week and one that I could see myself healing even more. I am still wearing the boot and have the crutches handy but I walked more inside as the week progressed. My step count has went into the 1000s again when it would say at around 250-400 previously. I did go outside and move my car to its usual spot but I have still yet to drive outside of my home. I am hoping and praying I get into a different walking boot and am able to drive shorter distances after this week's round of appointments.

I'm also having to ensure my leave and accommodation paperwork is current. I may be ready to return the last week of January or the first week of February. Either way, I've been mentally preparing myself as I have a personal list of things I want to feel comfortable doing before returning to work. Getting used to the 3rd shift schedule is on that list.

I had some major disconnect this week with the relatives that typically transport me to the doctors, grocery store and other place. They are currently staying near city limits and haven't been in touch with me as much. I am going to ensure going forward until I am cleared to drive that they know and understand my appointments. Otherwise I will find someone else to transport me. Fortunately I lined up options years ago. I have a method to my madness.

I certainly hope to have different adventures to write about in Part 7 but the main thing is I want to continue to heal and be healthy. DaMar Hamlin nearly dying on 1/2 has reinforced that being healthy and being a human being comes before anything else. It's given me a lot of reassurance as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment