Sunday, January 15, 2023

Crutches, Boots and Scooters Part 7 (Brace Yourself, I'm Outside!)

Overall this was a good week for me outside of obvious adjustments and trying to get paperwork completed. 

First off, my healing continues to go well although the earliest I'll be able to return to work is 2/3. I have now been approved to wear a light brace and to drive. I am walking more unassisted and only have a cane. My crutches and boot are in my man cave and my cousin is using the scooter. 

I have been trying to transition slowly so I don't wear myself out and risk long term injury. I returned to the coffee shop and to two social outings. It felt so good to be able to see folks in person that I haven't seen in over a month. It feels even better being able to transport myself and carefully go into places. I can even shower now. These are small things that I took for granted and didn't realize would be hard to transition to. I'm just not the type of person that tries to be the focus of the attention but wants to stay safe. 

I can only say so much on this next topic but in short there is a disconnect between my doctor's and the leave team regarding the rest of my paperwork. I will be more hands-on in ensuring my paperwork is in on time but I just had a delay that was uncontrollable from my standpoint. I am using what the company has taught me and am being more proactive here. 

I am still not finish recovering and rehabbing but this is the week I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to continue to press through to the finish line. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment