Monday, August 1, 2022

STARS: How I Saved Sunday Dinner

It's August! I have been coming up with many good writing and other creative ideas. 

Many of you know my mom is fighting Father Time as she has a lot of mobility problems that keep growing. One of the things she can no longer do is cook Sunday dinner, one of her pleasures. I can but she doesn't like some of the stuff I cook. It would take a lot for me to cook a full Sunday dinner, especially since I work late on Saturdays and I am often tired. 

We lived on fast food and sandwiches for a while due to proximity to restaurants with quality home cooked meals. 

I checked, researched and taste tested many places in the area to avoid fast food and to ensure we all had a good Sunday meal that I could bring home. I currently go to three places that meet this criteria and are open on a Sunday closeby: York Family Seafood, Clover Station and Sandy's Chew Chew Soul Food. These are all 3 local small businesses that offer full, home-cooked meals. 

I have found that part of adulting is outsourcing certain parts of your daily life. I'm very blessed that there are restaurants that allow my mom to have her Sunday meal weekly. She doesn't ask for much, never has. Therefore it pleases me that I can provide this for her and myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment