Monday, August 15, 2022

Drew's Rule Book

I'm going to take a break from the STARS posts at least for a couple of weeks as I undergo some professional and personal transitions.

I posted a while ago about my personal instruction manual. Well I decided in the spirit of the show P-Valley and Uncle Clifford, decided to post my own rule book for life.

1. Love the Lord
2. Love others
3. Love yourself
4. Stop spoiling shows and movies
5. Be respectful and act the way you want to be treated 
6. Allow common sense and reason to be your guide
7. Always look and think forward; look at the windshield rather than the rearview mirror
8. Remember you don't lose; you win or you learn.
9. Treat every relationship you have seriously and don't cheat
10. Keep yourself educated. If you don't know, dedicate yourself to finding out. 
11. Get your "me" time
12. Stand up for yourself.
13. Check your bags at any restaurant, even if they wrap up the bag
14. Leave Meineke, KFC, Starbucks, Dunkin, Planet Fitness, Applebees and any such evil, useless chain alone (I will only go to Applebees to support two servers I know)
15. Krispy Kreme is better than Dunkin or Duck Donuts. Stop fighting it just because other places put bacon on your doughnut 
16. Bacon goes with almost anything
17.  Walmart should be 24 hours again (more of a request)
18. Taxation is theft. Prove me wrong
19. Liking a politician is like liking an exotic dancer. Many only want your money
20. Social media doesn't necessarily make you a good family member, activist, singer, athlete or social influencer
21. Don't go into anyone's else house causing drama
22. Don't invite anyone to your home that you wouldn't hang out with in public 
23. Be honest with others and yourself
24. Tell a person how you feel, tactfully
25. Answer the relevant messages
26. Declutter and purge certain areas of your life as necessary 
27. Be consistent in your daily actions and behaviors.
28. Seek medical attention when you need it. 
29. Be healthy physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. 
30. Don't leave a person behind, whether at a party or social gathering. We have too many ways to communicate; remind and let them know what's going on.
31. Don't forget your friends and family's birthdays. Get a special calendar if need be. 
32. Do not ever waste food unless it's spoiled 
33. Don't intentionally and ignore me for no reason. 
34. Don't go ghost without letting me know. That's the parental instinct in me. 
35. Please come correct and respectful to me. Talk to me and not at me. 
36. If you're going to talk about me, have your facts straight 
37. Don't question my work ethic. 27 years and 12 and 7 with the same company speak for themselves. 
38. Don't mess with the main Fs" family, food, finances 

No comments:

Post a Comment