Tuesday, February 1, 2022

STARS: How I Keep My Overall Mental Health in Check

20 years ago, I was a mess.  I am not perfect now but I feel better internally. I let too much stuff hinder me and felt too much undo pressure. It took much of my 20s but I finally reached a happy place. 

I had to really admit I had problems. I sought out professional help, went on proper medications (I have adjusted both over the years based on need and efficiency). I have engaged in more fun, thought provoking activities. I ensure I get my proper rest. I relax my brain and mediate. I also develop a healthy balance between personal, professional and social engagements. I no longer over exert myself, use "No" effectively and I get my me time. I also have a great circle and good barometers that keep me in check and level..

I have been able to maintain well the past two decades and not only not have any episodes, I have also helped others conquer their demons and find peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment