Monday, July 1, 2019

STARS: How I plan for a getaway

I love to travel, or at least go places for a few days out of town. It could be the beach, mountains, Atlanta or Charleston. Either way, I have a plan and I allow flexibility and plan for other instances. 

I look at my budget first and adjust it accordingly.  I then book my hotel/housing arrangements. Then I look at the best route to take and when to take one route versus the other. 

I book and even plan my meals, events and anything that requires advance notice.  Anything else is budgeted. 

I allow for downtime, traffic, extra sleep, Uber/Lyft fares, late checkouts, and even random gas and food stops.

Finally I take my trip, adjust to situations accordingly and have fun. Leisure trips are good with structure but better with some spontaneity. 

Therefore make the best of your time off and what remains of this summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment