Saturday, July 13, 2019

STARS: Creating a Group Chat and it's advantages

It appears some people still use mass texting.  Often it can result in people and numbers you may not know, being very interpersonal, messy, and impossible to get out of. 

Enter group chats. I realize they sound like trouble but they are easy to get out of, edit, you see people's names rather than numbers and you only need one generalized group. 

Here's how I set up mine. 

You find an app that the majority can agree on. GroupMe is one of the more popular ones.  

I simply came up with a name and an avatar for my group chat.  This can be a group name or something to identify the group by. If you are doing one for a cruise, it could be March Cruise 2020. 

I then proceeded to add the necessary numbers. I had to manually do name and number for those that didn't already have GroupMe installed. 

The reservations that were brought to me included being too hard and long to set up, not being able to edit out certain people in case of a suprise or omission. Well a group chat is built to handle all that. All you need is the single setup, which takes around 15-20 minutes, you can add/delete at anytime, and it's cleaner on your phone. You would eliminate the clutter of one mass text and then another and so on. 

I then finish the group chat and modify accordingly. It is then ready to go. 

There are way more advantages, especially if you wish to stay in the loop with a certain group of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment