Sunday, September 25, 2022

STARS: How I Get In Self-Care Free or Nearly Free

DISCLAIMER: while many of the mentioned activities do not have extra costs, there are some like gas and perhaps time.

Self care is paramount to remaining in a healthy headspace and being ready to face life's various challenges. 

One doesn't always need to spend a ton of money or any money to achieve this peace of mind either. 

I have several outlets I use right from my home. Bear in mind I live in the country but this works also for the suburbs or city limits. I take naps, read, write, watch inspirational TV and movies, take a warm bath in grape juice (don't knock it, it's better than Epsom salts), take walks, go hiking, do various sorts of exercise including yoga, declutter and purge areas of my home, listen to good, soothing music, podcasts, record my own podcast  #imjustdrew, do yard work, play with my animals, visit neighbors, call/text/video chat with friends and family, attend church or spiritual services, coffee shop (cost a little bit but not enough to break the bank), look at old photos and memorabila from yesteryear, take photos of anything outside or inside, sit in the dark and mediate and focus, practice regular mantras, and look at sunrises, sunsets and the different moons.

These are just a few I have in rotation but the total cost is often $0.00 to do these activities and I am a much more refreshed and recharged person..

No comments:

Post a Comment