Sunday, September 11, 2022

STARS: How I Got My #ImJustDrew Podcast Started

I have honestly wanted to do radio and/or a podcast for years. I became fascinated in college and shortly thereafter watching my close friend The Mario Washington and his success in radio and such. 

It seemed for a while you needed all of this fancy equipment, a studio and a certain time frame to be able to do it all. Thanks to technology advancements, I finally got my own off the ground without all of that. 

I have watched podcasting literally explode the past five years. There are so many people that have a voice, content and a microphone. I like to be practical when I choose a hobby also. 

I watched two local podcasters "Gping Places With Camden and Daniel" and "Be Great Today" with Coach Josh Batchler. I appeared on the Going Places podcast in late July and learned about Anchor FM. Anchor is awesome for starting a podcast, distributing, recording and producing. It's also free. 

I bought a microphone off of Amazon, created a logo from Canta and started recording. I am now 2 and a half episodes in with episode 3 set to record this week. I plan to do one per week as my schedule allows and it's been awesome so far. 

I have 15 views and 2 subscribers, small numbers to start. It's better than zero where I did start. I'm glad this is finally live and I look forward to having guests and even recording some episodes in studios I have access to opposed to my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment