Sunday, March 10, 2019

STARS: Prepping to Lose Weight, Even If Only a Few Pounds

Every now and then I fall off the wagon. I have gained as little as 5 lbs and as high as 80 lbs.

The intensity of each process may vary, but the actual processes are the same.

I decide which methods of diet and exercise I wish to utilize. Do I want to cut carbs? Will I allow myself sweets? Am I counting calories? How many days/week am I working out?

Currently, in accordance with Lent, I am cutting out carbs and sugars, including even many fruits. I am also working out no less than 5 days/week, at least 3 of those will involve running/heavy cardio. These routines will be modified monthly to avoid plateauing.

Additionally, I am increasing my protein intake, including different types of meat, pork, chicken, etc. I am also trying not to eat too late. I have learned my body and have experiences how I metabolize food so I know what does work for me.

Currently doing this, I am down 10 pounds and am shooting for 2-5 pounds a week. Every lb lost is an accomplishment and I will continue to weigh in weekly and monitor my food and beverage intake and physical activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment