Monday, March 18, 2024

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Volume 33: Gardening

My mom had quite the green thumb and knew how to keep plants alive. 

I know folks that can't keep a cactus alive. Debbie had experience and skills you can't Google nor buy. She had life experience and a daddy that had 2 gardens.

I always remembered my mom having some sort of plant inside and out and always being able to keep them blooming and alive. She said she didn't have patience but yet could raise and care for children, pets and plants. I told her often had she received more encouragement her options could have been wider. 

I keep all of the plants I received following her passing alive and I even have pots to replace them all. 

My mom is proud of the skills and wisdom I gained from her that I still use daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment