Tuesday, June 28, 2022

STARS: How I Househop (go to multiple places and homes)

We're in peak party and cookout season. Most weekends you will have several different events and functions going on and of course you can't go to everything. I have been able to attend most events through careful planning and precision. 

I look at the times of each event, the proximity and any overlap or gap. I try to eat heaviest (if there's food) at the first gathering and the next to last gathering (sometimes it's the last). I don't stay longer than 2-3 hours at any place to allow for travel and debriefing. My plan works best of all of the events are in the same city or neighboring cities. If I want to attend something further away, I adjust the time at the previous event and sometimes eat and drink more. 

I have been doing this for over 20 years. For events (including holidays), my personal best is 6 houses(places) per day. It makes for a long day but well worth it when I want to see and be around certain folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment