Wednesday, September 18, 2019

STARS: Planning a Suprise Party

I grew up in a family that did suprise parties for seemingly everyone, specifically milestone birthdays (18th, 40, 50, etc). 

First thing I do when I plan a suprise party is check with the close friends/family/spouse and see what they have planned and the person's availability.  I also do this when I know the person is into suprises..

I then set a date and venue unbeknownst to the person. I then assign an accomplice (I have played this role at least 6 times). 

One important thing I do is make sure nothing out of the ordinary routine is performed with the person. They will suspect something is off and may get upset, especially at a spouse or significant other. Keep everything routine and covert. 

You then have the accomplice make plans with the person, while everyone else is in place with the party setup and location.  I make sure my story is airtight and ties in within a normal routine. Going to dinner or for a special movie or even to pick something up are common scenarios that tend to work. 

Also, I make sure all parties present hide their cars or park them away from the venue to drown out suspicion. This seems to work better in public. 

I then hold the party, also ensuring everyone is on time so that nothing else is suspect.  Also, the story/lie has to be held up. When you yell "suprise" you want that true element of surprise. 

Hopefully that person has a very pleasant surprise and a good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment