Monday, September 7, 2026

The Deck at 260 Volume 49 (Ber Months are here)

Flock cameras, Death of a Pastors Wife, college players returning, Lindsay Clancy, Clover demographics changing, Dabo, Michigan last night

I honestly didn't realize these were a thing until my uncle was mentioning them. I don't see them as bad unless taxes go up to fund them. We have so many methods of tracking a person's location and honestly there is a lot of damage someone can do with a license plate number. Therefore if you're one of the ones freaking out over them trust there are bigger fish to be fried.  

This miniseries continues to have people thinking and talking. Pastor JP Scott is very much that dark manipulator that uses the pulpit to justify his lust, sex addiction and sinful nature. He is a joke and I pray for anyone that still listens and believes him.  I would definitely watch out if I am Suzie his current wife. God has not visibly changed this man and he will only damage her and others. 

I think it's despicable that college football players can try out for NFL teams, get cut and still return to college football. Where is the clause/agreement that ends your college career? Lane Kifflin already gets enough of the wrong attention at times. He can begin his career at LSU on the right foot after not fostering these two former players and not even playing them at all. The education part is an admissions deal which is a different pickle altogether. 


Ok the Lindsay Clancy deal has really grown legs. Why is no one closely examining the husband here? I've been said the legal system as a whole is flawed and often useless. Unless there is evidence that Lindsay did unalive her children I am glad she walks free (no racial debate today although we already know how the other shoe deal works). Someone needs to be held accountable though. The lack of accountability with this case and with Mica Miller's and countless others is what gets me. 

Clover and Lake Wylie are now not only two separate towns and communities they are now two separate high schools. That was never more evident Friday night at Clover's home opener. Clover has more diversity in nearly every way: fans, student body, cheerleaders, football team, etc. Basically you don't have the more affluent white players and fans anymore since they're all at Lake Wylie High now. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just noticeable. Clover is a small town similar to a Blacksburg, York, Chesnee, Kings Mountain, etc. There just seems to be a more involved community that doesn't include just white people.  I do know the Black community has been strong and proud for decades (many of those being my relatives). It will be very interesting long term as athletes will have the option to transfer to Lake Wylie High and vice versa for their athletes. 

Dabo Swinney has reached the end, period. He has failed to adapt to the current landscape of college football. Yes we all know LSU is a great program especially at home on a Saturday night.  However this has been coming for about 4 years now. I don't think he makes it to October let alone the South Carolina game with another beat down like that. Looking at the schedule, there are at least two other teams that on paper could administer the same type of blowout and in Clemson. 

Finally I'm unsure what voodoo Michigan has at the Big House.  Was it paid off? Did someone legitimately make a mistake? Were they trying to prevent another App State upset? Either way I want someone with good sense to convince me how they were able to put 1 more second on the game clock, run another play and win? Michigan can't win them all doing that. 

Bring on Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment