Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Volume 7: Comedies

I'm back after two weeks of celebrating independence and life! 

Debbie's form of happiness was watching comedies and often over and over. She said she liked to laugh and it gave her a sense of peace. She wasn't with dramas and tearjerkers. 

Her favorite the final ten years of her life was Roseanne. When Roseanne returned to the air and she was temporarily blacklisted, I bought my mom the box set. Debbie would watch those episodes daily on repeat, DVD or TV. She also loved Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Reba, Mike and Molly, King Of Queens, Frazier, Becker, Everybody Hates Chris and many others. Comedic sitcoms were her safe space and kept her at ease. 

My mom and I shared a great love for these shows over the years and watching/rewatching these shows keeps that part of her alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment