Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Main Event Returns!

Finally the moment is here! The fight we have long awaited for as boxing and sports fans is five days out: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

This fight has been floated for far too long as the sport of boxing continues to slide and UFC rises in popularity.

I have mentioned how I prefer UFC to boxing currently.  But I already have my fight party plans for Saturday night at 10pm, when Floyd and Manny are expected to finally touch gloves.

Mayweather is not a heavy favorite, but he is unbeaten, with many of his fights going to decision. He lands many shots well but doesn't pummel opponents. Pacman has five losses, including one embarrassing KO about three years ago. Still he is scrappy and will not back down in this epic battle. Plus he's a southpaw and that's always a challenge.

I have Mayweather taking the decision due to the style of both fighters. Floyd simply knows how to win, and has also been wanting this fight. He has beaten everyone else in welterweight and would have nothing else to prove. Plus, it would set up a good rematch should Mayweather continue boxing.

I haven't been this excited about a boxing match since the Tyson days so I'm ready. It's a good way to kick off the summer and mid-spring.

Who do you have winning this fight? Do you think Mayweather will retire should he win?

No comments:

Post a Comment